Door County North: Wings of Life Weekend
June 25 @ 10:00 am - June 26 @ 4:00 pm
Door County NORTH presents Wings of Life Weekend
Saturday, June 25 & Sunday, June 26, 2022
Location: Liberty Grove Historical Society, Ellison Bay, WI 54210 (Saturday, June 25 is also opening day for the LGHS museum, docents will be conducting tours all day long
Theme: “Wings of Life
Event Mission (umbrella organization that inspired creation of Door County Country Fair):
The mission of Pollinator Partnership and its affiliated organizations is to promote the health of pollinators, critical to food and ecosystems, through conservation, education, and research.
2 to 4pm Saturday and Sunday-Live Music: Erin Krebs Duo (Appleton)
- Renee White will give tours of the expansive, beautiful gardens at nearby Ellison Bay Beach
- Hosting a pollinator-friendly sale of native plants with the help of Jerry’s Greenhouse
- Nature and pollinator-related arts, crafts, and educational tools
- Sing and dance with Debbie Clement – Author of the “Mighty Wings” Conservation Picture Book
- Kids: build your own bat and butterfly houses; create a winged costume
- Sales of bee-related products, including honey
- Featured guest speaker on topic of pollination and its importance in our food supplies, landscapes, natural world in general (speaker to-be-announced soon)
- Light up your business or property with orange and yellow lights Mickie has purchased solar lights she will be distributing to select members, most likely those that participate in the scavenger hunt.
- Week long scavenger hunt, find the butterfly and clue each day at participating DC North businesses for one ticket per clue to be entered in a drawing on Saturday and Sunday for prizes for pollinator inspired garden art and Door County Gift Certificates.
FAST FACTS FROM THE POLLINATOR PARTNERSHIP:
Drinks Vendor: DC North selling both non alcoholic beverages, cider, beer & wine
Island Orchard Cider (Ellison Bay) Saturday-1pm- Bob Purman will share the process of making cider and the “Pollinator Cyser” ”. 1pm to 4pm Owner Yannique Purman will sample Island Orchard ciders. Butterfly Sponsor
Waterford Bee Company anchoring the Bee & pollinator related marketplace and presenting. Butterfly Sponsor
Lucky Stars Flower Farm-fresh cut flowers & seed giveaway. Butterfly Sponsor
Door Community Compost Initiative -Booth with information about the compost initiative and compost buckets available for a $25 Donation.
Strings of Stone-Diane Jenquin’s jewelry and decor. 11am both Saturday and Sunday-Diane is offering a “Create and Take” butterfly and dragonfly suncatchers. $10 includes all materials.
Jerry’s Flowers-native and pollinator friendly plants
The Longest Day, Denise’s page-donate to the Alzheimer’s Association by buying Door County-inspired fabric art, wall hangings, pillows and more
Cousin’s Walk-fabric and clothing art, upcycled jewelry
Turtle Ridge Gallery-pollinator inspired art, cards, bags and clothing
Feathered Friends-Themed Bird BirdHouses
Food vendor: Savor BBQ, food truck serving traditional Tex-Mex barbeque with ‘comfort’ food sides, more food to be determined
The Vault Door County-Gourmet Popcorn
Grandma’s Swedish Bakery-cookies and skorpa
Click on the links below to learn about becoming a partner/participant/sponsor
This event is replacing the popular Uncork Summer Food, Wine and Music Festival previously held the same weekend in June. Read more below on why Uncork Summer is postponed again in 2022.